Thursday, September 11, 2014

Campfire Tails

See...told ya I'd be back! Today's card was inspired by this sketch over at Newtons Nook Designs for the Inky Paws Challenge #13. When I first saw the sketch I swear a lightbulb went off in my head, the lights were on and I was sure someone was home.

Inky Paws Challenge #13 - Sketch Challenge - Newton's Nook Designs


Then as I started stamping and piecing the card together, I was like "whoa, is anyone home?!" It just did not turn out the way I envisioned it. Ever have that happen? I'm still sharing it in hopes that you'll take pity on me and that you'll think it's not as bad. =)


 

This super cute bear, fish, bird  and sentiment are all from the Campfire Tails set. I stamped, colored and fussy cut the fishing bear. All the paper are scraps from my really big pile of paper scraps (just can't throw anything away!). I used an array of markers to color everything and a bit of washi tape to hold everything together.
 
I was taking pictures of some Halloween cards, hence the black background. Remember I told you I was working on my photos and editing...it's a work in progress, though I think this one looks good.
 
I just wanted to give a shout out to Amy Tsuruta  at Tsuruta Designs for welcoming me back yesterday! I really did miss creating and blogging, but the break was much needed. I hope to be out and about visiting blogs again. Leave me a link in the comments and I'll be happy to stop by!
 
Have an amazing day!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Jennifer! Welcome back to the blog world - It was nice to see your name pop up again! I think this card turned out cute! Love the fish pond!! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along with our inky paws challenge at Newton's Nook Designs! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! It's very nice to be back stamping and blogging. Thanks for your kind words on my little card too. Can't wait for the next challenge.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is just the sweetest! I am smitten!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little fisher"cat" is so cute and so well colored - I like how you made a little scene!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)