Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hello

Happy Wednesday! I'm in the kitchen for the next two days baking up sugar cookies for Sophie's preschool class and Valentine's Day bags so I thought I get in this one quick card.

I used CAS-Fridays Wildflowers stamp set and Peacock Feathers Distressed ink. I stamped and masked the flowers to create my bouquet. I then used a watercolor pen and some more ink (smeared on my acrylic block) to color in the flowers. 


I then tore the edges of my card and using the same watercolor stuff just painted my torn edges. A little yellow center, hand drawn stems, twine bow and a hello and done. 

This was my first time water coloring (a card) and I just loved it. I used 110lb paper from JoAnns and it held up really well. It's super thick and such a great price. 



8 comments:

  1. So Gorgeous with those colors Jennifer!!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for explaining how you made your blue card. Masking all those flowers must have been time consuming, but the end result is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your stamped bouquet! Totally creative and beautiful! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the water color look. So soft and pretty! Thanks for joining in the fun at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, I love the delicate flowers and colour palette. Lovely CAS design. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fresh and lovely, Jennifer!

    Wow, two days baking up cookies. That's a long time in the kitchen! My legs would be hurting after all that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm! Sugar cookies sound delish right about now ;). LOVE the texture those torn edges add to your card, and the turquoise blooms scream springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet and pretty, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)