Thursday, January 23, 2014

You Mean the World to Me

Happy Thursday! It's almost the weekend...and January is almost over. Eek...

Last fall, as I was aimlessly looking around Micheals for something to buy, I came across 12x12 paper pads from Crate Paper and American Crafts and....wait for it...they were only $5.99 each! I'm pretty sure I squealed as I grabbed 3 of them. Score!

This is from Crate Paper's Storyteller collection. The papers are full of bright and bold travel-ish prints. It is an older collection, but for $5.99 I am happy to use it. This was my first attempt at a college style card, with lots of bits and pieces.


All the paper and tags were cut from this collection. The sentiment and compass stamp are new to me. I got them in a mystery box I purchased from another blogger (love those!). After a little searching, and lots of stumbling, I found out they are from a Studio Calico kit.


The arrow stamp (Studio G) and red polka dot washi are from JoAnn's dollar bin. The twine is from Maya Road and the "love" stamp is from the Dear Lizzy collection (another new to me from the mystery box).


I used Stampin' Up markers to color in the "you mean the world to me". I also faux stitched the edges with a brown marker. Lastly, yup did the envelope too.


If you've made it this far in my post, thank you! Sometimes I get a little long winded...this card just had so many tid-bits. Totally not my normal style but I really like it.

BTW...totally got crafty tonight while grooving to the Matchbox Twenty Pandora station. Seriously, it was a trip down memory lane...if you loved 90's/early 2000's alternative rock I highly recommend it. Good times!


4 comments:

  1. For a first timer, You are AWESOME! Love all the elements you added Fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Jennifer! I love all the elements and angles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card, love the freestyle collage style!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)