Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Belle Birthday

Hello. Today I'm sharing a birthday card I made for Sophie's teacher, Ms. Crystal. She is seriously one of the nicest teachers at her school and a sweet, sweet person. We just found out that she is a Disney fan (whoot woo) and her favorite princess is Belle - so she ranks high on our list of super cool peeps.



I had this Belle image left over from Sophie's birthday cupcakes. I then used the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #318 (see below) and choose papers and colors that coordinated with Belle. The floral paper is from DCWV Fresh Floral Stack and has a slight vintage flair to it. I used some pink and brown ink to distress the edges and age it a bit.


The flowers were part of a $1 pack from Michael's. I really love finds like that, they don't cost much but yet they can be added to almost anything. Belle is on a polka dot tag with a yellow tag underneath for a shadow effect. I distressed the tag as well.

Here is the sketch...there's still a bit of time to play.


Have a great day....thanks for stopping by!

Paper: Recollections Cardstock, DCWV Fresh Floral Stack
Stamp & Inks: Inspired by Stamping Graceful Hydrangea Set, Stampin' Up Inks
Embellishments: Micheal's Flowers, Recollections Rhinestones, Offray Pink Ribbon, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Adhesive:Scotch ATG, Glue Dots, Recollections Foam Dots

3 comments:

  1. Cherish those good teachers, and they will love the special thought put into not only a handmade card, but one that is specifically partial to their interest! This turned out darling! I know she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teacher will LOVE this! My 15 YO is still a huge Disney princess fan, and probably always will be, like Ms. Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't WE all Disney fans? (LOL) This is a perfect card for Sophie's teacher! I love the background paper with Belle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)