Saturday, May 4, 2013

Mother's Day

Hello crafty friends and Happy National Scrapbooking Day! I started out as a scrapbooker 10 years ago but stopped. I now have tons of precious memories just waiting to be scrapped for my little Sophie, there's just not enough hours in a day (or room to spread out) right now.

I've been really interested in washi tape and have been itching to get my hands on some. I've seen it everywhere and though they are not expensive I fear that I will fall in love with it and then have to own roll after roll, which I will eventually hoard because it'll be too cute to use. Does anyone else have this fear?

So....I happened to randomly (yeah, right) go to JoAnn's and low and behold a package of 2 small rolls of washi tape for $1! I almost did a happy dance in the store (okay I did do a happy dance).

So here is my first washi tape card...

I laid each stripe on a diagonal and folded it over the edge of my white cardstock. A scalloped circle, blue and white twine and sweet stamp for Mom and I was done. Quick, easy and so cute!

And yes, I love it.
It's fun and easy to tear and cute and I may have to buy some more-to use, not hoard.

V's Sweet Ideas Challege #11 - Mother's Day
Pumpkin Spice Blog-NSD Agnes Challenge For Mom

Thanks for stopping by.
 Have an amazing weekend, do something crafty!

***

Paper: Stampin' Up Cardstock, Recollections Kraft Cardstock
Washi Tape: Studio 112 (JoAnn's $1 Spot)
Stamp & Ink: Clear Dollar Stamps & Stampin' Up Early Espresso
Cricut: Sugar and Spice Cartridge
Twine: The Twinery
Adhesive: Scotch ATG

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I thought it was patterned paper, not washi tape. What a steal you got! Don't forget there's a Washi Tape stamp set at IBS...you can make your stripes any color you want. ;)

    Happy Mother's Day to YOU, a bit early. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jennifer! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)