Monday, April 1, 2013

Pirate Birthday


My second card trying the chalkboard technique is for my nephew. He's turning 9 soon and it's hard to believe he's that old. We had a blast with him and my niece today at Easter, Sophie loves her cousins!



I won this set from Inspired by Stamping ( thank you Joanna!) and I loved it the minute I saw it during the release previews. It's so awesome! 

Once again I stamped the pirate ship in with white pigment ink, then used a Q-tip (don't own a heat gun or embossing powders) to smudge it for that chalkboard effect. Makes it look more ghostly.

I added a little red and white twine and red rhinestones to the skull on the flag. 
I Love those glowing eyes.

I am linking both of these cards to the following challenges:
Inspired by Stamping March Blog Hop Challenge- Chalkboard Technique
Simon says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon says Stamp and Show-Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by. Any comments left sure makes me happy!

****

Card Supplies:
Cardsrock: Recollections
Stamp & Ink: Inspired by Stamping & Hampton Arts Ink
Embellishments: May Arts Twine, Recollections Rhinestones
Adhesive: Scotch ATG

7 comments:

  1. This is very cool! The ship looks so neat! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great guy card, Jennifer! And the palette is perfect for a pirate ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously COOL and creative, Jennifer! I love the pirate theme with the chalkboard effect! And wow, you did it without heat gun and embossing powder! Kudos to you! Your nephew will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pirate loot is always so fun! Love the black and white! Thank you for sharing with our anything goes challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show...no joke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, Jennifer! I am so happy to see you got this pirate set from IBS. You made a perfectly ghostly pirate ship, even without a heat gun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)