Saturday, March 2, 2013

Spread the Love...

Hi ya'll....can you believe it's March already?! Spring is almost here, which is awesome! 

I've got a super sweet Spring card to share today and I've got a blog crush to tell you about. I'm participating in the Spread the Love Campaign which you can read about here.


Now I know it may seem like I'm trying to be "teacher's pet" and all, but I swear on a my stack of Harry Potter books (I'm a nerd like that) that I'm seriously crushing on Amber over at Damask Love. Yes...yes I know she organized the whole thing but seriously....I've been crushing and blog stalking for awhile now.

I don't remember how I found her blog (clicking thru who knows what one night) but I started following her because she had a cool way about her. Her cards and crafty projects were awesome....her pictures were gorgeous (sucker for eye candy) and she was funny. Then she
re-vamped her blog.

 Not only did her blog go from awesome to seriously awesome times a million, but you got to know her better and let me tell you she is funny and sweet and generous. She also created and put together one of the best fundraiser I've ever been a (small) part of. 

After the terrible shootings in Newtown, CT Amber came up with this amazing idea, 
Drawn Together. I can not tell you the relief I felt when I saw what she wanted to do....all I wanted to do was help those poor children and I was totally clueless as to how and where and she had the answer I was looking for.

Not only did she collect, organize, fundraise and box everything, she made a personal trip to Newtown to make sure the art bags went to those kids in need. She hosted a story time with crafts and even keep us all updated. A truly generous deed all around.

Okay so now that she's got a restraining order against me (I kid....right?!), here's my card for Amber. It's very spring and doesn't techniqually have to be an Easter card even though it has a bunny. Just my little way of saying thanks for blogging and sharing and creating. I totally love you and your blog Amber...you rock!


Sorry for the dark picture....you know night photography. funny part is Amber just did a blog series on taking photos, I'm still working on it though. One step on a time....oh and I used this color scheme...so gorgeous!



Thanks for stopping by....I do have more blog crushes, trust me I don't just stalk one blogger! I'm also linking this up with the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp.

****

Paper: DCWV Nana's Nursery, Recollections Cardstock
Stamps & Ink: Papertrey Ink & Studio G Ink
Ribbon: Offray 
Punch: Martha Stewart 
Glitter Glue: Studio G
Adhesive: Scotch ATG & Recollections Pop Dots

7 comments:

  1. Haha! Jennifer, you made me giggle with your stalker comments. I felt a bit that way, too, choosing to reveal a blog crush! I love Amber, too. She is one of my blog crushes, amongst many. Your card is super cute. I just received that bunny in the mail yesterday, and can't wait to ink it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super sweet card and that bunny is just too cute. Amber is very creative and you did a great shout out to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is hilarious! To think that you consider me to be funny means a lot because you, maam, gave me several chuckles as I read this! Thanks for crushing on Damask Love! Your card is so perfect and cute and is a perfect execution of the color scheme. Thanks for spreading the love, girl - you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww how cute is this little bunny card, love it.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute as can be, Jennifer! LOVE the polka dot elements, and the colors absolutely scream springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is totally adorable! LOVE the polka dots! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just precious! Love the spring colors. Love the papers and the adorable bunny!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)