Sunday, March 31, 2013

Chalkboard Birthday

Happy Easter! Or day after Easter depending on when you're reading this. We had a wonderful Easter with lots of family and friends. And food...always good food!

I have a 2 cards to share with you all today, the second one will be on separate post later. I am not one to follow too many trends, but I've been seeing the chalkboard trend going round and thought I would give it a try since it looks really cool. 

My first card is going to be a birthday card for a dear friend. I stamped the sentiments with white pigment ink. According to most tutorials you're suppose to embossed with white embossing powder, etc...but (gasp) I do not own any embossing powders or a heat gun! Crazy I know, but I simply do not have room for it or all the bottles of cool powder that go with it.

So after I stamped my sentiments, I used a Q-tip (professional I know) and I slightly smudged my ink so it would give it that chalkboard effect.


I think I achieved the look, what do you think? A few scattered red rhinestones, some sweet punched butterflies and pearls always makes a card look pretty.

I am linking both of these cards to the following challenges:
Inspired by Stamping March Blog Hop Challenge- Chalkboard Technique
Simon says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon says Stamp and Show-Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by. Any comments left sure makes me happy!

****

Card 1 Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamps & Ink: Inspired by Stamping & Hampton Arts Ink
Embellishments: Recollections Rhinestones & Pearls, Martha Stewart 3 Butterfly Punch, 
Regular Hole Punch
Adhesive: Scotch ATG

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Love the chalk board effect! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the effect with this stamp set Jennifer! Great card! Hugs, J

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! LOVE that striking black and white :) Thanks so much for linking up with us over at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling inspired by this card! I like how you used these bold IBS sentiments, and they look great with the chalkboard technique.

    BTW, love that fun baby card one post down! It's so sweet. :) Have a wonderful day, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)