Thursday, January 31, 2013

Birthday Wishes

Wow, did January fly by or what? February is just knocking on the door...where does the time go?

I'll tell you where my time went last night...it went into playing with the new Tuesday Trigger over at the Moxie Fab World. OH EM GEE I am in love with it!  Take a peak....



This Tuesday Trigger is even more special because we are celebrating Cath's mom!

Happy Birthday Mom!

Yes, I am one of those people who calls everyone's  mom - mom. =)

So here is my take...I wanted to create a fun, whimsical card. I was inspired by the colors and flashes
 of white in the inspiration photo. I am so in love with my card!

I started with a white base and Kraft cardstock layer. I then stamped out flowers from the Printed Petals set (Stampin' Up) and fussy cut them. I used different size buttons, rhinestones and small pearls for embellishments. There's 19 of them in all!


The white doily lace is actually cut from a round doily. I just trimmed off the pieces I wanted and then arranged them as banners and cut some as leaves.  Lastly, I faux stitched the edges and added some filigree and dot doodles to give it more of a homemade feel.  

To be perfectly honest, I was completely giddy when I finished this card. It's not a design I would've come up with on my own, so thank you Cath for helping me think and work outside my comfort zone.

I am linking this beauty up with the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by today, any comments are greatly and warmly appreciated! 
Have an amazing day!

****
Paper: Recollections Cardstock
Stamps and Ink: Stampin' Up Printed Petals, Inkadinkado Sentiment,
Studio G Ink & Memento Markers
Embellishments: All Recollections Pearls, Rhinestones & Buttons, The Twinery Twine &
Wilton Doliy
Punch: Martha Stewart Triple Butterflies
Adhesive: Zig Zag Two Way Glue & Scotch ATG

7 comments:

  1. Just TOO FUN, Jennifer! LOVE those doily bits! I so adore this inspiration pic, but I'm just not going to have time to turn something in. I'll have to save it for later ;). Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly lovely, Jennifer! I love how you used the kraft card stock to ground the pretty and colorful images and you sure nailed this challenge! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jennifer! Thanks for linking this up to the Use 10 Different Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jennifer! Thanks also for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my friend! I was thinking of you tonight and wanted to drop by and say hi. Got your email recently; thanks for writing! Lucky you, getting a bit of time to play in the Tuesday Trigger. This turned out beautifully! I love the bits and pieces that come together to form a beautiful background. Have a great weekend, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab take - such a gorgeous card, lovin' all the elements!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)