Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Be Mine


Hi everyone! Wow, it's been almost a month since I've posted anything and it is nice to be back. I hope everyone had an amazing holiday and new year! We certainly did although I am making a resolution to do less for the holidays this year so I can get out of the kitchen. Making Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas for Christmas Eve and Moussaka and Baklava for Christmas Dinner plus all the cookies (5 different kinds including decorated sugar cookies) and pumpkin bread kept me in the kitchen for 3 days. Granted I put it all on myself but that's just me =).

So here is my first (posted) card of 2013 and I've got to say I am in love with it. I would love for DH to give me something like this for Valentine's Day. It's so whimsical and cute.

I created the banner with scraps of cardstock and cut doily. I used foam tape to give the banners lift and added some bling. Red and white twine bows add the cutest touch don't you think?


The "be mine" is actually printed on vellum. I think it looks pretty cool against the heart cardstock. The little heart in the middle is a epoxy heart sticker that says "4-ever".

I am linking this up with the following challenge:
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Lace Love

Thanks for stopping by and not giving up on me!
I'd love the hear from you so please do leave me a little note.

****

Paper: Crate Paper Cardstock, Echo Park Cardstock, Martha Steward Cardstock, 
Recollections Cardstock, Wilton Lace Doily
Embellishments: Recollections Rhinestones and Silver Pearls, K&C Epoxy Sticker, Recollections Button
and Glitter Glue, The Twinery Twine
Adhesive: Scotch ATG and  Recollections Foam Pop Dots 

6 comments:

  1. What a cute card!
    Sounds like you were busy over the holidays but I bet everything tasted good!I love homemade Enchaladas

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Jennifer, and such a delightful color combo! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Jennifer! Great use of lace elements! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sweet and easy to see why you love it! Welcome back! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope DH gets you one like this, too, for Valentine's Day! It's so sweet, with those little banners and the sentiment printed on vellum. Great look!

    BTW, your meals sounded absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)