Friday, September 7, 2012

She is Art

Happy September or STAMPtember if you are following the Simon Says Stamp Blog. I wish I could say I've been super busy stamping, crafting and creating, but I haven't. LOL. Ive actually been catching up on some summer reading, some (very little) fall housecleaning and hanging out with my sweet Sophie.

I did however, create this altered journal/notebook using Pink Paislee's She Art collection. Have you seen it? It's FAB-ulous! Its girly yet grungy, beautiful and messy, classy artsy with a little subway twist.


I started with a regular composition notebook and started layering cardstock. The collection has some really cool dress pattern paper-really slick and crinkly. It's hidden in there for some texture. This faceless girl was cut from the back of one of the packages. I simply love her! The "be you" was stamped from a Tuesday Technique set and I think it fits this perfectly.


I hand tore one of the layers and fussy cut the roses.The top right hand corner has a grid rub-on and I used black ink and smudge it everywhere to give it more of a grunge feel. A few pearls and rhinestones add the classy finishing touches.


I have to say I'm rather proud of this little notebook. It's not a style I lean towards, but it was so freeing and fun to create. It is something I look forward to exploring and creating more of!


 Paper: Pink Paislee She Art Collection
Notebook: Composition Notebook from Staples
Stamp & Ink: Tuesday Technique & Studio G
Rhinestones and Pearls: Recollections
Adhesive: Scotch ATG

3 comments:

  1. Love your altered journal/notebook. Gorgeous Vintage papers , love the roses and your image is gorgeous. Thanks do much for joining in the Simon Days Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful, artsy notebook, Jennifer! I love that girl and how you placed everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One would never know this is not your style, Jennifer. You adapted to it beautifully! The faceless lady is really captivating; I can see why you cut her off the package.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)