Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I know right, already working on Thanksgiving?! It's a bit crazy but I love fall and even though we will are heading into a heat wave this week (my little coastal town is going to be in the 90's, gasp!) I couldn't help myself especially when given such a gorgeous palette and inspiration photo over at The Play Date Cafe.



 I used cardstock from a discontinued collection by Stampin' Up. I roughed up the edges of the leafy paper with the edge of my scissors (cool trick but I'm sure my scissors hate it lol). The tree stamp is from Inkadinkadoo and the sentiment from Stampin' Up.

Here is the inspiration photo:



Isn't it beautiful? I love the colors of fall though I don't see it often here in California, one day I'll make it back East and jump in a pile of leaves!

This is being added to the wonderful entries at The Play Date Cafe Challenge #151 and the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge.

****

Paper: Stampin' Up, Recollections Cardstock
Stamps: Stampin' Up, Inkadinkadoo
Ink: Studio G
Embellishments: Recollections Brown Pearls & Offray Green Organza Ribbon
Adhesive: Scotch ATG



6 comments:

  1. Your beautiful card just speaks fall. Pretty! So very regal and stunning. Love having you with us at The Play Date Cafe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so rich and beautiful and full of fall, Jennifer! The rounded corners and touch of ribbon really add to the overall design. Hey, and thanks for the bit of encouragement you left on my blog this week! It really means so much to me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that beautiful background! What a sweet, sweet card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! It is hard not to get sucked into the winter holidays now! Beautiful job with your card - so glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fall card! Please forgive for my absence in stopping by as of late. Sickness has been running through the house and house guest, and now a second wave of the ick. Just wanted to say Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fall card, Jennifer! I think I might have that tree stamp. Did it come with a witch and some pumpkins? I don't know, too many stamps, and my brain is confused! LOL

    I'll let you have some of my leaves, falling on the lawn, if you want 'em. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)