Saturday, August 4, 2012

Snowflakes in August

No it's not actually snowing...though as I type this we are having a very strange and unexpected summer storm complete with thunder! Very exciting since we generally have only sunny days here in Cali.

I had this card in my head for awhile and finally stamped it out. I used Stampin' Up's Serene Snowflakes and I think they are gorgeous. I stamped my sentiment, then masked it with a post it note and then stamped the snowflakes. This is my first time masking and I don't think I did too bad a job. LOL.


I added some bling with rhinestone centers on the large snowflakes and glitter glue on the small snowflakes. Now everything shines!

I am linking up to the following challenges:

Paper: Recollections Kraft and Cardstock
Stamps: Stampin' Up Serene Snowflakes and TPC Studios Christmas Sentiments
Ink: Studio G
Punch: Fiskers Round Edge
Rhinestones and Glitter Glue: Recollections & Studio G 
Adhesive: Scotch ATG

5 comments:

  1. What a great card--the blues you used look so pretty, and so are the stamped snowflakes! Thank you so much for the kind words you left on my blog about Chloe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of snowflakes in the sky....duh:)!!...your card is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning! Love the gorgeous blues! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love the colors that you used, and the masking is perfect! Great job! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Serene Snowflakes too and the poor things haven't seen day light in a while! I LOVE the sentiment you used. Great fonts on that one. And now, you've got another holiday card to add to your pile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)