Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hello Baby!

Happy *almost* 4th of July. I hope you have some fun plans for the 4th. We are going to relax, enjoy some BBQ and just hang out.

I found this fun paper at JoAnns in the clearance bin. Isn't it just adorable! It's perfect for that sweet little American baby boy...which is what my cousin is having in November. Guess where this card is going? LOL.


I fussy cut the little sailor suit and popped it up with foam tape to give it some dimension. I added the little red flag and stamped the "hello baby". There is so much going on with this print (lots of glitter accents) that all it needed was a little twine and glitter heart button and it was perfect.


I am entering this in the Red, White and Blue challenge over at Inspired by Stamping. This is a new challenge for me and if you haven't seen it before I advise you to stop by and have a look. Their stamps are gorgeous and they have beautiful paper flowers...they have made my short list of "Wants Right Now". Here is the inspiration photo...


I am also linking this up with the following challenges:


Paper: Recollections, Colorbox
Stamp and Ink: Stampin' Up
Twine: The Twinery
Button: My Stash (I'm sure it's from Michaels)
Adhesive: Scotch ATG and Recollections Foam Tape

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I cheered when I saw your card and name linked up at Inspired By Stamping!! Yay! I LOVE the little sailor suit you fussy cut and popped up. It looks like a die cut. THe paper is adorable, and sounds like it was quite a steal. I'm so glad you played along with us. :)

    BTW, I love the clean new look of your blog, and see a 'Design Team' tab up there...any good news to share? Hmmmm??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jennifer :-) I am sure your cousin will love this :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this baby card idea! Wonderful and patriotic. Thanks for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That paper is fun! What a score! What a great way to use those patriotic colors too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)