Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hello and a Happy Birthday Gift

Hi! Long time no blog...summer is in full swing here and finding time to craft has been a challenge, but that's okay. That's what summer is all about right?!

Today is my niece's 11th birthday. She's actually my BFF daughter, but my niece all the same. I was there minutes after she was born and she helped introduce DH and me, so she has a truly special place in my heart. She's a very talented and special young lady so no ordinary gift would do of course.

I decided to make her a journal/altered notebook. I wanted to keep it girly but since she is almost a teenager (gasp) I wanted it to have a mature look. I hope she fills it with stories, thoughts, doodles and dreams. Happy Birthday Cat!



I am linking this up with the Simon Says Stamp and Show "What Do You Say" challenge.

I am so proud to have also been picked as a Heroine over at A Blog Named Hero for their "Stretch Your Stamps" Challenge. Whoo Hoo!

Paper: DCWV Butterflies and Blossoms & DCWV All Girls Stack
Cricut: Plantin Schoolbook
Rub-ons& Ric Rac: stash
Stamp: Tuesday Technique
Ribbon & Embellishments: Offray & Recollections
Journal: Composition Book Target

4 comments:

  1. She's going to love that you made this especially for her! Girly enough, but not too young. Wonderful, fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is oh so cute! LOVE the bright colors and patterns you put together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous journal! It's so pretty! What a great story about your niece! She is so going to love this! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. A job well done on this journal, Jennifer! I think your 'niece' will love it. You hit just the right vibe, not too little girlish, but right at her tweenager age group. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)