Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Berry Happy Birthday X 2

It's summer time! Time for nice ripe juicy strawberries straight off the vine...if you can get them before the dog does. Yup, my Diego is a berry eating dog...actually he'll eat just about anything except for lemons and pickles.


These two berry sweet cards are made from the same berry sweet stamp set from Paper and Such. I'll quit with the berry sweet now...haha.


This first card I used the stamp to create my own background. I stamped it in black ink and then colored in the leaves with green. I actually paper pieced the strawberries in to give it some dimension and texture. A little yellow coloring and glitter in the center of the flowers and this background is done.


For this card I stamped a single image of the stamp but did the same techniques to fill it in. Colored the leaves, paper pieced the strawberries and then added yellow rhinestones to the center of the flowers. A little burlap, more rhinestones and ribbon and this card is ready for giving.

I am linking up these two beauties with a few challenges:


Paper: Recollections, DCWV All Girls Stack (2nd card)
Stamp & Ink: Paper and Such & Recollections Black, Recollections Gel Pen
Cricut Cartridge: Sweethearts (frame)
Corner Punch: Fiskars
Rhinestones & Ribbon: Recollections & Offray
Burlap: Recycled from my cousins wedding favors

10 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! Fabulous job using the one image two ways... yoru coloring is perfect. :) Thanks for playing along with A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stamped background is amazing! You really placed everything so well and I love that ribbon detail. The second card has such an earthy feel with the burlap and those colors. Great job on both, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are pretty! I really like that you also created your own background using the strawberry stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really great cards....bright and so cheerful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a sucker for strawberries, too, just like Diego. :) These are so cute, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! This totally screams summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like both of these, not sure which is my fave!

    Sharing bloggy love, visiting from A Blog Named Hero
    xo, Kristina
    Come visit and say hello!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are just TOO sweet. what a beautiful job you've done with both of them!

    Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!

    Linda
    A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  9. That stamp is so cute! And I love the way you colored it, great contrast! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Jennifer! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)