Sunday, June 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Vintage Inspired

This probably isn't very vintage to some...maybe I'm using the word vintage wrong. Maybe it should be Victorian inspired? I'm not sure all I know is that it's soft, romantic, girly, feminine and oh so pretty. 

 I used papers from Dear Lizzy Neapolitan line as well as some scraps from Echo Parks Country Drive or Springtime...I also cut up a doily to add some "lace" to my banner.

I used a white gel pen to add a little faux stitch to the pink banner and to ink the edges of the blue banner. I also inked the edges with distress ink and turned up a little corner. I've seen the little up-turned corner on a few cards and thought is was super cute.

I am linking this up to the Moxie Fab Doily and Lace Challege.
And the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Paper: Dear Lizzy Neapolitan, Echo Park Springtime or Country Drive, Recollections Cardstock
Stamp & Ink: Clear Dollar Stamps & Studio G, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Doily: Wilton
Embellishments: Button & Rhinestone (Recollections), Twine (The Twinery), White Gel Pen (Recollections)
Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Zig Zag 2way Glue Pen

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Jennifer, I think the term 'shabby chic' fits this very well! It is so pretty! I love all the patterns and colors you chose. I'd treasure this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are right Jennifer, this is so pretty and feminine. I love your banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What ever we're supposed to call it, it's gorgeous! Beautiful, soft details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful soft, shabby and feminine for sure! Love the papers, the banner! So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so pretty & delicate! I love all the papers you used, in the background & the banners, and the upturned corner was the perfect touch....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite Jennifer card!!! So sweet and feminine. I love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty work on the lovely papers and the soft colors :)

    San Diego HARP Refinance

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is ever so soft and sweet! LOVE those doily pennants, and your curled edge is a great touch!

    And thanks so much for stopping by to leave me some love during the MSS June/July Release! I so appreciate your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is darling Jennifer! I loved it the minute I saw it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)