Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Classic Happy Birthday Card

I received the Classic Calico paper pack from one of my comment to win entries (thank you Cath and the fabulous Moxie Fab World) and though it's not something I would pick out, I have to say I am LOVING it!

The papers are classic with a modern and retro feel. Dots, chevron, hexagon patterns in cool black, brown, ivory, white and gold colors. Very monotone but also very versatile.


I made a card similar to this for a friend's fathers Fathers Day card. I love the style and design so much I decided to make another card just like it. The stamp is from Unity Stamp and I think it's darling. I used a tissue (so professional) and wipe the entire card with brown ink to give it a vintage feel.

I am linking this up with the following challenges:

Paper: Studio Calico, Recollections Kraft and White Cardstock
Stamps: Unity Itty Bitty, TPC Studios
Ink: Recollections, Color Box
Embellishment: Recollections Black Pearls  
Adhesive: Scotch ATG

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic guy card! The papers are perfect! I love that telephone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great card! I love those papers. So fun when someone takes you out of your box, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, lovely vintage feel and what a fabulous image. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card design and all those patterned DP's really make this classy. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)