Saturday, June 16, 2012

BFF Forever

I've only been blogging for a few months now but I am so surprised and giddy over the friends I've made. I can't really call any of them BFF's (yet) but the way lives, lessons and loves are shared in blog land - really everyone is your BFF right?

Here is my take on the Play Date Cafe Color Challenge. The colors are so gorgeous...raspberry (mmm...yum), blackberry (mmm...yum too) and azure (refreshing). I'd like to say that this card was so easy to put together and it only took me a few minutes but then I'd be lying to you lol. And BFF's do not lie to each other right?!


I went through all my paper to find the right colors. Blackberry - check. Raspberry - check again. Azure - (hey teal works right) - yup, check.


Okay so I may be the only one but....I did not know that paper companies made stamps too. This delightful saying and polka dot butterflies are from the My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline collection.


Here is the beautiful inspiration photo....man those berries look good! We have some visiting blackberry vines over our fence and there is nothing better than pulling off a warm ripe blackberry and sharing it...with the dog. HAHA no joke! My dog will even pull the unripen blackberries off the vine when he can reach them. As my little Sophie says "silly dog dog".
Have an amazing weekend! Thanks for stopping by =)

Paper: Recollections (blackberry), Heidi Grace (raspberry), MME Miss Caroline (azure)
Stamps: MME Miss Caroline
Ink: Stampin' Up, Studio G
Ribbon & Pearls: Offray and Recollections
Adhesive: Scotch ATG

6 comments:

  1. Silly dog dog knows what's good! I'd be picking those visiting blackberries too! Yum. :)

    I like how you rounded one corner, Jennifer...it gives great interest, and this looks like something I'd see in a Paper Crafts mag. YOu should submit sometime!

    Thank you for playing along with us at The Play Date CAfe!

    (and PS, I love all the friends I've made since blogging. We seem to be like-minded people, we crafters, and that feels nice)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! Thanks for visiting my blog! It's been fun looking around yours! What a pretty card! I agree that the rounded corner just *makes* it! And . . . that blogging friends are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I've only been blogging a few months, and I'm grateful for the people I'm meeting - including YOU! I love your berry inspired card from the papers to the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card, the cololrs you used together look so, so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging is a wonderful way to make some great friends and contacts.

    Your card is so sweet and I love your use of the color story! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! That's one smart dog! I think our dog might just be eating the blueberries off our bush. Sigh. And your card is so pretty! Really love that sentiment and the way you're butterflies are fluttering right off your card face! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)