Saturday, May 5, 2012

National Scrapbooking Day

Today is National Scrapbooking Day. I started off scrapbooking about 10 years ago but have shifted into card making the last 2 years. Both are so much fun...I need to get back into scrapbooking since I have about 2 1/2 years worth of Sophie photos to scrap. But that's for another day...hee hee.

Being such a great paper crafting holiday, lots of blogs and paper companies are having challenges so I'm going to try and get a few out there in the next two days, sorry in advance for the extra posts!

Here's a great challenge offered over at the Pumpkin Spice blog...actually they have a few challenges running through Sunday night. Make sure you check them out and join in on the fun!

The challenge was to make a card with the following: something blue, something round and at least 3 layers or patterns of paper. I think this fits the bill...

 I used SEI's Black Orchid paper and fussy cut the vine and fan flowers. I popped up the flowers with pop dots and added a little pearl for more of a tropical feel.


Hope you're enjoying the weekend and crafting!

P.S. Have you ever shopped at Pumpkin Spice? They really do have some great prices! Start shopping here.

P.P.S I reached 1000 views today! Small for some but super big for me! I'm so excited, thank you to everyone whos stopped by, viewed, commented and followed. I could use a few more followers actually...feel free =)

Paper: Recollections White and Kraft Cardstock, SEI Black Orchid
Stamp and Ink: Stampin' Up
Pearls: Recollections
Adhesive: Scotch ATG

5 comments:

  1. Jennifer ~ Very Elegant card! Love the color combinations and your fussy cutting is wonderful. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Pumpkin Spice. Happy NSD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I'm a fussy cutter too...you did a great job on the vine and fans; love this card! Thank you for joining in our fun at Shop Pumpkin Spice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out fabulous!! Thaks for playing with us at Pumpkin Spice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, great colors, lovely design. I really like your fussy cutting. Thanks for joining us in The NSD Shop pumpkin Spice card challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting to 1000 views! I know it IS exciting!!

    I like how you fussy-cut the fan flowers and vine on here; makes it look like some expensive die cuts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)