Sunday, May 13, 2012

May Flowers

Yes, April showers do bring May flowers. Our garden is just over flowing with flowers as well as fruits and vegetables. I'm overly excited to share our sun-ripened strawberries with my little Sophie and thrilled that I have zucchini coming in. Can't wait for the tomatoes, cucumbers and blackberries!

Over at Paper and Such Design Blog they are having a flower challenge. I love their poppies stamp so much that I've used it in several challenges. I'm still working on the coloring part of stamping but I think this one turned out pretty well.


To color the poppies I used a Q-tip and "dipped" it in my ink. Then I smudge the color on creating dark and light spots. I like the semi-watercolor effect this gives.


Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

Paper: Recollections Cardstock, DCWV Fresh Floral Stack
Stamp: Paper and Such Poppies, TPC Studios
Ink: Studio G
Ribbon: From my stash
Pearls: Recollections
Adhesive: Scotch ATG

4 comments:

  1. So pretty, glad to hear you like the Poppies set! You've sure made a beautiful card with it! Thanks for joining us at Paper and Such!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, the coloring on the flwoers looks so nice, there are a lot of shades within the image!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget that you are in CA, where fruits and veggies CAN be ripe now! LOL In NJ, we're still waiting. :)

    I like poppies too, and this is so pretty, Jennifer. It definitely has a watercolor effect; who knew Q-tips could be SO versatile??

    Thanks for leaving love today (and always) at my blog: you have such a sunniness to your comments and they make me feel good. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can totally see why you love that poppy image, Jennifer! And those polka dots are too fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)