Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Birds of a Feather...

Flock together. That's why my poor little owl is missing you.

I made this clean and simple card using the first set of stamps I purchased from Stampin' Up. This set is so versatile and adorable, but with all the new stuff I've been purchasing lately (oops!) it sure has been neglected, so I thought I would break it out and put it to good use.


This card is so out of my comfort zone. Clean and simple I am not. I tend to want to add more and more to my cards so making something super simple like this is hard for me. I have to say though I am LOVING it!

I paper pieced and pop dotted the owl so he stood out a little more from the crowd. Not like he really need the help.



Paper: Recollections Cardstock
Stamps: Stampin' Up Aviary, TPC Studios Sentiment
Ink: Stampin' Up Basic Black, Studio G
Twine: The Twinery  
Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Recollections Pop Dots

19 comments:

  1. This is so darn cute! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the colors, the cute little animals lined up in a row, the owl.... This IS super cute! Great clean and simple card I must say!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card!! Thanks for playing with our CAS challenge at Lawnscaping this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the most darling card I have seen in a long time. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Love all the birdies, especially the owl in the middle. Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I'm so glad you gave this set some love because it is SO cute! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the bright happy colors-what a fun card! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! Thanks so much for playing with us over at A Blog Named Hero! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Jennifer! I love how you popped up the owl! And you did awesome with CAS :) Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet! Love that yummy color cardstock and twine! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't used this set forever either, but I love the idea behind this card, placing the owl all by himself without his flock. :) Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw.. what a SWEET card! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea to use the owl among all those other birds! Too cute! Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card. Love the little birdies in a row. Many thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cute, i like the owl with the other birds, and the colors are cute too!

    xo, kristina
    visiting from a blog named hero challenge
    please stop by and say hi :-)
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely adorable! Thanks for joining us for Challenge #4 at a Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  17. super sweet! thanks so much for playing along with Challenge #4 at A Blog Named Hero!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is completely ADORABLE

    love lvoe love love love it!

    Thanks so much for entering the challenge!

    Good luck

    Linda
    A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)