Thursday, May 24, 2012

Air Mail

When I was younger, my mom would write to her parents in Taiwan and I always remember having the Air Mail envelopes around the house and thinking they were so cute. And now I have to say that I think this is one of the cutest cards I've ever made. I totally had those envelopes in mind when I was creating this.


I used the colors from the Play Date Cafe Challenge #133 - Cherry, Baby Blue and Denim. I cut 1/2 inch strips of white, red and blue cardstock and smooshed them up next to each other to create my "air mail" background.


The little bird and hearts are from the Create A Critter cartridge (my fav) and I made the little envelope from some scrap cardstock. I added a little white gel outline to the bird's wing and I popped it up with pop dots for some added fun.


The "just for you" stamp is from Stampin' Up Teeny Tiny Wishes and the "Hello Friend" is from the Michaels dollar bin.

Here is the inspiration photo from the Play Date Cafe. Awesome isn't it?!



I am also linking this up with the Moxie Fab World Postage Challenge. There's still time to play in both of these challenges!

Paper: Recollections Cardstock
Cricut: Create A Critter
Stamps: Stampin' Up, Michaels
Twine: The Twinery
Ink: Studio G, Recollections White Gel Pen
 Adhesive: Scotch ATG, ZigZag Glue Pen, Recollections Pop Dots

11 comments:

  1. This card is adorable Jennifer! Love the cute bird with the heart letter! Great way to use the colors! Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cute! That background is absolutely PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jennifer :-)

    thanks for joining in the Simon Says Stamp DT call and Good Luck :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the colors...I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/05/52-card-pickup-week-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so sweet! Love this darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, Jennifer, this IS ultra cute! I couldn't tell at first if perhaps you stamped those 'air mail' stripes. The trimmed strips totally rock! I liked hearing about your early memories of air mail envies, too.

    Thanks for joining in our Play Date CAfe challenge this week! Have a great rest-of-the-long-weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, stinkin' adorable, Jennifer! LOVE that darling bird! And what a great color combo for those "air mail" stripes! Yum! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute, that little bird is adorable and the red white & blue background paper looks perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute bird, Jennifer. Love how the baker's twine fits in with the air mail stripes. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute, Jennifer! I love the airmail frame.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being named Fab 4! Your card is darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)