Thursday, April 19, 2012

Showers of Happiness

I've always loved the saying "Showers of Happiness". It's such a sweet saying and could be for a wedding shower or a baby shower. Either way showering happiness and best wishes to the bride or mom to be is something we all do. I have two weddings to go to this year and have two friends expecting and I made this card with them in mind.

See this "lace"? I love it! It's faux paper lace. I followed the tutorial from Suzanne at the The Paper Variety to make it. You can find the tutorial here. You will be seeing more of this paper lace, much more!

I am entering this card into a few challenges:





Paper: Recollections Cardstock, DCWV Nana's Nursery, Echo Park Country Drive
Cricut: April Showers
Punch: Martha Stewart Doliy Love
Stamps: Stampin' Up Swirls and Curls Verses, TPC Studio (flowers)
Ink: Studio G
Ribbon: Offray Pink Satin
Pearls: Zva Creative
Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Recollections Pop Dots

12 comments:

  1. I love the muted colour palette you've used here. The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the faux lace and the soft romantic feel of your card. You are right great for a bridal or wedding shower. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! I love the paper lace! Cant wait to try it! :)
    Thank you for joining us at fccb!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous colors you picked! So glad you joined us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty pink card! You're right...it would be perfect for a baby shower! You did a very nice job with your design. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you, having a couple of friends who are expecting and a few getting married! Seems I'm in that phase of life that's 'between': all babies have already come along and are growing up, and everyone's been married a while. (only one exception for us: my cousin)

    What a pretty umbrella, with the little pearls along the tips (you KNOW I love that!!). And there's that gorgeous faux lace again! Mind if I use that on a card soon? Thanks for sharing it, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I love the umbrella die cut, and the ruffle punched edge.
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! The pink and white is fabulous. So honored you chose my paper lace tutorial to lift. It turned out great! thanks for sharing at TPV! :)
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the frills. What a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! I loves Suzy's tutorial too! Thanks so much for linking up with TPV- Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I should try that faux lace someday, it's genius!!
    Love the colors and the concept of your card, so cute!
    Thank you for playing along with us in this challenge at The Paper Variety :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer, LOVE the pearls on the umbrella! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)