Monday, April 23, 2012

Hello Friend

Living in Sunny California isn't always so sunny. I live in Oxnard which is along the coast between LA and Santa Barbara. Generally we have sunny warm weather with a ocean breeze, but the last few days it's been gloomy and foggy. Unusal for April, normal if it were June.


With that in mind, I made this bright, warm and sunny card based on the colors from the Market Street Stamps April Paint the Town Challenge. The challenge colors were Berry, Lemongrass, Spring Green and Patina - a very colorful pallette!


I stamped the houses and then cut each one out. I then stamped them again and paper pieced the roofs and doors. I used foam dots to give each one a little pop.


I am also entering this into the A Blog named Hero Challenge #2 - Cards with a View since my litttle houses are in windows.

Paper: Recollections Cardstock, Stampin Up Cardstock DCWV Fresh Floral Stack
Stamps: Market Street Stamps Neighborhood, Studio G Hello Friend
Ink: Studio G
Twine: The Twinery 
Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Recollections Foam Dots

3 comments:

  1. Great card, I really like that paper, so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet, sweet card :) thanks so much for playing along with our Challenge #2 at A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little houses! Thanks for playing at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)