Saturday, April 28, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Poppies

A BIG hello to my new followers! I am so happy you have found me and hope you find some inspiration here on my little blog.

Mother's Day is fast approaching. I still have a few cards to make for the special women in my life but here is one inspired by the colors from The Play Date Cafe #129 (inspiration photo below).


I used my Paper and Such Poppies stamp as the main focal point. I colored in the stamp by using a tissue "dipped" in my ink and then smudged the areas I wanted to color. This way it didn't look to perfect. Really it's because I still need practice coloring/shading with markers, etc...just being honest. =)

I'm entering this in the Paper and Such Design Blog Mother's Day Card Challenge  and the Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes Challenge. There's still time to play along in all these challenges!


Paper: Recollections Cardstock, Anna Griffin Fifi and Fido
Stamp: Paper and Such Poppy, Clear Dollar Studios
Ink: Studio G
Pearls: Recollections

5 comments:

  1. Very nicely done!! Thanks for joining us at Paper and Such!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a nice card that image you colored is just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty pink poppies! Glad you could join us at Paper and Such!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHH! This is a fun Mother's Day card! LOVE the design! FAB job:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)