Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Butterflies

The Moxie Fab World Blog is an amazing place to find inspiration. Just the daily "Oh My Moxie Fab" photos can inspire you to create. Personally, it's the first and last blog I check. Their Tuesday Trigger challenges are so much fun and this one is no exception. As soon as I saw the challenge photo I knew I had to play along. Here is what the card I made.

This card is so CAS for me! It was hard not to add extras, but really I just didn't think it needed it. I used Sophie's Crayola watercolor set and painted a white piece of cardstock with red, orange, a hint of purple and brown. I then cut the butterflies out of white cardstock using my Gypsy and Cricut. I've kept the actual butterfly cut outs and will use then on a different project. I then attached the negative cut (which would normally be thrown away) to my watercolor cardstock.


Stamped a little "Happy Birthday" and voila...beautiful, clean and simple card! Here is the inspiration photo...isn't gorgeous?!

An extra special thanks to Cath and her Moxie Fab World Blog. I was a winner of one of her "comment to win" post! I am excitedly awaiting my prize. I know it'll be Moxie Fab!!

I am also entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes.

Paper: Recollections Cardstock
Watercolors: Crayola
Stamp: Stampin' Up
Ink: Studio G

Cricut: Gypsy Wanderings
Adhesive: Scotch ATG

3 comments:

  1. Yay for you, Jennifer, winning something from Cath's drawer! I won something once, and it was a whole collection of Cosmo Cricket stuff (papers, stickers, die cuts). Hope you get something good. :)

    This is a brilliant take on the TT, with your very own watercolored butterflies. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jennifer, so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)