Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Grandma

This card was amazingly simple yet I think it looks stunning. I love the country vintage feel - there should be a lattice top cherry pie on a window sill somewhere.

I used a border punch for the stitches on the red cardstock and inked the edges of the polka dot paper and white layer to age it a little. I had cut the cherries out a while ago while playing around with my Gypsy so those were ready to go. A little twine, ribbon and rhinestones and BAM done. You know I really miss the Emeril show!

I am entering this card in the Shopping Our Stash (SOS) Food/Beverage Related Challenge. Then it's off for safe keeping until it's time to head to Grandma's house!

Paper: Recollections Red and White Cardstock, DCWV Fresh Floral Stack Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps (Happy Birthday), We R Memory Keepers (Grandma) Ink: Studio G Ribbon and Twine: The Twinery in Maraschino, Offray Ivory Cricut: Gypsy Wanderings (cherry, scallop circle and circle) Rhinestones: Me & My Big Ideas Red Punches: Fiskers In Stitch Border Punch and Rounded Corner Punch

2 comments:

  1. Love the vintage look to your card! Thank you for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a fun card! Doesn't it feel great to USE you stuff?! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    PS: I miss Emeril, too. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)