Thursday, March 22, 2012

Flower Bouquet Birthday Card

I found this paper pack at JoAnn's. It had the most vibrant green which I thought would be perfect for spring. The paper is textured which is always a plus but I didn't realize it wasn't cardstock so cutting it on the Cricut has proven to be a challenge. We all need challenges right?
I created this card for two challenges actually. The Paper and Such Design Blog Sketch Challenge and the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday (use at least 3 flowers). I love sketch challenges because they give you a great place to start and I love my Cricut so why not combine the two?!
I cut the vase and flowers from the Walk in My Garden Cartridge - it has some amazing flowers and is really fun to play with. I layered the flowers and gave a few the pop dot treatment so there is dimension amongst the bouquet.
Here is the sketch...
There's few things better in life than a bouquet of flowers!
Paper: Core'dinations, Recollections Cardstock, Martha Stewart Mat Pad Circuit: Walk in My Garden, Sugar and Spice Edges: Fiskers Rounded Punch and Scallop Scissors Stamp: TPC Studio Ink: Studio G Ribbon: Ki Memories Rhinesstones: Me & My Big Ideas Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Zig Zag Glue Pen, Recollections Pop Dots

7 comments:

  1. What a fun, happy springtime card! Love the bright colors! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL job with your spring card!Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent spring card. And you're right about there not being to many things in life better than a bouquet of flowers :-)

    I'd love it if you hopped over to my blog and became a follower...I'm a little lonely.
    Hugs,
    Michelle
    http://wanderingscissors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of all those flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper and Such.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! Bring on spring! Thanks for playing along with us for the Paper and Such Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card! I just love the color scheme--it's so fresh and springtime-y! I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)